10 Interesting Facts about Indian Universities & Colleges
India is considered as the land of Intellectuals & Scholars.
The Oldest civilization with some of the great Inventions by Indians in Education. Education in India is provided by the public sector as well as the private sector, with control and funding coming from three levels: central, state, and local. But, there are afew drawback of Education system in India.
Surprising is that our country has built IIMs, IITs, law schools, and academic institutes, yet the students in our country who score 90 % marks, find it tough to get admission in the college of their preference.
India’s improved education system is cited as one of the main contributors to its economic development. Most of the progress, in higher education and scientific research, has been credited to various public Institutions.
Here We discuss some of the Interesting facts on Indian Universities In India:
Oldest Universities in India:
The 3 Oldest Universities Namely University of Calcutta, University of Mumbai and University of Madras are some of the prestigious University in India Established during British rules and are the best for education to lakhs of Students.
Largest residential university:
A recent survey showed that only one out of Ten Indian students with degrees in humanities are employable.
Largest technical and scientific manpower in India:
India’s boast of having one of the largest technical and scientific manpower in the world. But, only one out of four engineering graduates are employable.
Most Interesting Fact- “It’s Name Game”…!!
* There are 22 universities in the name of “Gandhi”:- Mahatma Gandhi-8, Rajiv Gandhi-8, Indira Gandhi- 5 and Sanjay Gandhi-1.
* And, 11 universities are named after Dr. Ambedkar while 8 are named after Jawaharlal Nehru.
World’s largest open university
Maximum no. of Univerities in New Delhi:
The National capital New Delhi has 26 Universities– the maximum in any city, followed by Jaipur (18) and Chennai (12) respectively.
Reservation to Minority:
Specific languages University:
Smallest College with 3 Students:
The world’s first university was established in Takshila in 700 BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The Nalanda University built in the 4th century was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
* Establishing new schools and colleges all around the Country will not improve the standard of education. Imparting education among the youth is very essential to build a Developed country and better future.
* A survey, conducted by the Accreditation Council and National Assessment, illustrated that 70% universities and 90% Colleges in India are graded in low standards of education.
Subscribe with Results360 for latest news in the Field of education & Govt. Exams.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- WBSU Barasat University Part 1 Hons. & Gen. Exam 2018 Result- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2018 Result is announced - August 29, 2018
- MJPRU UG Result 2018 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2018 Announced - July 30, 2018
- BSEB 12th result 2018 name wise- Bihar board Intermediate result 2018 Arts, Science & Commerce Results DECLARED - June 6, 2018