10 most Interesting Facts of Lalbahadur Shastri you should know
“Those who govern must see how the people react to administration. Ultimately, people are the final arbiters”.
– Lal Bahadur Shastri
Lal Bahadur Shastri was born on 2 October 1904 in Varanasi, a British Raj United Province in India. He was the 2nd Prime Minister of the Republic of India and a leader of the Indian National Congress party. Shastriji joined Indian Independence movement in the 1920. The Most Humble Prime Minister of India, having a vision for Independent country.
The cause of death of Shastriji has been a subject of conspiracy theories. He led the country during the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965 and India defeated Pakistan easily.
10 Interesting Facts of Lal Bahadur Shastri & his Life:
- Most Famous Slogan of India: Jai Jawan Jai Kisan (Hail the soldier, Hail the farmer) was given by Shastriji.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri played pivotal roles in victories of the Congress party in General Elections 1952, 1957 and 1962.
- Shastriji was Deeply influenced by Mahatma Gandhi, and he became a loyal follower of Gandhiji & Lokmanya Tilak.
- Shastriji went to jail when he was 17-years-old for participating in non-cooperation movement. Shastriji spent almost nine years in jail in total during India’s Independence activism.
- A very little known fact that after Nehru died, Indira Gandhi was first offered the post of Prime Ministership. Only after she declined, Lal Bahadur Shastri was made the PM.
- Prevention of Corruption in India: The credit of first appointing the committee on Prevention of Corruption goes to Lal Bahadur Shastri during his work tenure as Union Home Minister.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri ordered using jets of water instead of lathis to disperse the crowd in any Public Event.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri had resigned as the Railway Minister as a moral responsibility to a railway accident in Mahbubnagar in 1956, he set new standards of morality in Indian Politics.
- Credit of appointing women conductors in transportation facilities go to Lal Bahadur Shastri, transport minister post-independence in India.
- Death mystery of lal bahadur shastri– He died on 11 January 1966.His Death was one of the Most Controverial Deaths in Indian Politics History After Subhash Chandra Bose.
More Related Searches:
Reason of death of lal bahadur shastri, Facts of lal bahadur shastri, Lesser known facts of shastri
Subscribe with Results360 for all Updates on Results & exams In India.
- Jkbose 10th Results 2020 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2020 Annual Kashmir division Results 2020 Announced - February 26, 2021
- RPSC Ras exam result 2020 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services result & cut off 2020 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - December 31, 2020
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2020 name wise- Jammu Board Higher Secondary Part Two annual Regualr result 2020 is Declared - December 9, 2020