15% IIT-K Students Opt out of Campus Placement to Pursue Civil Services & Higher Studies
IIT students are Hired by MNC’s and getting packages with big salary amount. At the time when huge salary packages earned by some of the IIT-Kanpur students is doing rounds more than 15-20% of the students of 800 students in the final year of B.Tech course are not participating in the ongoing placement drive at campus.
These are those set of students who have decided to either go for higher studies in India or abroad or for them joining the civil services is the last resolve. Several students of the final year of B.Tech have opted for dual degree course. As a result of which they are not appearing in the placement drive this year and will be applying for jobs next year.
More about IITians preparing for Civil Services or Higher education:
The Indian Institutes of Technology are autonomous public institutes of higher education, located in India. The sources informed that,” there are about 800 students in the final year of the BTech course 15-20% of them will do a different job than the core engineering job”.
Over the years it has become a trend that after completing B.Tech, working in the government sector and that too as an IAS or IPS officer becomes a dream and they therefore work in that direction rigorously.
Reasons for which IITians Joining Civil Sevrvices:
- The job security and administrative powers in hand.
- Handsome salary package attracts the IIT-K youths to join the civil services.
- Further with centre government to roll out seventh pay commission soon.
- The government jobs becomes more lucrative with increase in Experience.
- Some are inspired by their seniors or have a family legacy that they remain inclined towards becoming an IAS or an IPS officer.
The priorities of job each student is different from the other. While some of them want to opt for job right after graduation others opt for dual degree course to appear in the interviews after an extended year of studies.
The IIT institute has produced a number of IAS and IPS in the past. Also IITians are working on top positions in Railways, customs, central excise, income tax departments. While on one hand this kind of job provides security it also gives excess to a number of government facilities. The charm of civil services will never end on the campus and with each passing year the legacy will continue said another faculty member.
The students at IIT-Kanpur get so adapted to long hours of study and taking extreme pressure that concentrating thoroughly, while preparing for civil services is not a tough task for them to pursue.
Keep Visiting with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- MJPRU UG Result 2020 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2020 Declared - September 16, 2020
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2020- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2020 Results Announced - September 10, 2020
- University of Kalyani BA, Bsc, Bcom (General, Hons, Major) Result 2020- Kalyani University Part 1 Result 2020 Updates - September 9, 2020