Over 58 Lakhs Muslim Students Awarded Scholarship in 2014-15: Central Government Report
The House of Indian Parliament, Lok Sabha was informed and updates by the Union Minister of State that, “Over 58 lakh Muslim students were awarded scholarship under a central government scheme in 2014-15″. About 58.69 lakh students were awarded benefits under the Union Government’s pre-matric scholarship scheme for Muslim school-goers during the academic year 2014-15.
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi was Replying to queries about number of Muslim students receiving government benefits under 11th and 12th Plans. He said a total of 58,69,697 students (from Class I to Class X) were given scholarship, aimed at educational empowerment of the children from across 36 states and Union Territories of India.
More About Muslim Students getting Scholarship by the Government in 2015:
Scholarship to students given by the Government is always a good to get the performance. India is Working for Education growth in all the States.
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs Naqvi said in Lok Sabha:
- For the educational empowerment of the students belonging to the notified minority communities, the Ministry implements pre-matric scholarship scheme for Class I to Class X.
- The minister also shared information about number of students benefiting from the scheme since 2008-09 until 2013-14 under 11th and 12th Plans.
- He said to ensure effective implementation of the scheme, activity timelines are drawn up and communicated to all states/Union Territories and stakeholders as well as posted on the website of the Ministry.
Naqvi added that, “From the year 2015-16, students belonging to minority communities are required to apply for scholarship online (mandatory for IX & X) on a dedicated scholarship portal named as National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and scholarships are required to be distributed through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode to the students’ bank accounts”.
For more details ➡ www.scholarships.gov.in
The minister said the government runs specific multimedia campaign to awarw public about each scholarship programme namely pre-matric, post-matric and merit-cum means-based scholarship on All India Radio (AIR), Doordarshan, private FM and TV channels and digital cinema across the country.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- MJPRU UG Result 2020 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2020 Declared - September 16, 2020
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2020- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2020 Results Announced - September 10, 2020
- University of Kalyani BA, Bsc, Bcom (General, Hons, Major) Result 2020- Kalyani University Part 1 Result 2020 Updates - September 9, 2020