6 New IITs approved by Government- Rajya Sabha Passes Much-Awaited IIT (Amendment) Bill: Jammu and Tirupati also get IITs
The Rajya Sabha approved the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill 2016 by voice vote with IIT campuses being set up in Jammu, Tirupati along with 4 cities, in total for 6 new IITs.
Earlier, the IIT Act and Bill introduced in Lok Sabha to bring 6 new IITs, ISMs and was passed successfully. Finally, the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, approved the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill 2016 for all 6 new cities.
More details for IIT Bill to set up New IITs colleges in INDIA:
In a major announcement by the Parliament, the IIT campuses will also be set up in the 6 cities Jammu, Tirupati, Palakkad, Goa, Dharward and Bhilai cities of various states of India.
Key notes from the debate on bill for New IITs:
- Lok Sabha had passed the Bill on July 25, which also seeks to bring the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, within the ambit of the proposed Act.
- There are 20 IITs in India, and now as per the latest announcement by government, the number will increase by 26.
- Last year, the Union Cabinet gave a nod to six new IITs on 2nd December 2016 with Prime Minister Narendra Modi also giving approval for making these IITs operational.
- Moreover, while replying to a debate conducted on the bill, new Human Resource Development HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said the IITs are the centre of excellence and they will continue to remain India’s Pride.
- While commenting on funding for the premier institutes, Prakash Javadekar said there would not be any financial constraints for growth of IITs in Bharat.
Prakash Javadekar added. “We will not allow anything that will lower their standards. Actually we all should try to improve them further and make IITs really world class institutes. Therefore quality is absolutely important”.
Further, Prakash Javadekar said, “MHRD is not even represented on Board of Governors. It is completely run by the Board. We only facilitate in finance and that is where we will concentrate,” As per reports, the government is already working on a scheme for financing higher education infrastructure needs, particularly research infrastructure requirements in Hindustan.
Subscribe with us via email for all the latest Updates & educational details.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Punjab Board Class 10th Reappear Results 2017- PSEB 10th Supplementary Result 2017 Name Wise will Declared Soon - July 24, 2017
- MPSOS Ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017- MP board ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017 is Declared - July 24, 2017
- Acharya Nagarjuna University UG 2nd sem results March 2017- ANU Guntur Ug 2nd Results 2017 Declared - July 22, 2017