Andhra Pradesh to Establishment and Regulate Private Universities- AP Assembly Passed a Bill
Andhra Pradesh is one for the major states in India. The Andhra Pradesh Assembly has passed a bill for the establishment and regulation of private universities to promote higher education in the state.
The state Minister for Human Resource Development, Ganta Srinivasa Rao said, “This new bill aims at creating world-class centers of learning with an objective to establish universities”. According to latest reports, he also said that the government would like to see world-class universities like Stanford set up institutions in the state.
More details on regulation of private universities in Andhra Pradesh:
There are hundreds of Universities established in AP state. With the recent announcement, “the ultimate intention is to develop Andhra Pradesh as a sustainable knowledge hub which would provide high quality, research-oriented and industrial relevant education,” minister said.
There are thousands of students get enrolment in Universities in AP sate. The BJP leader Vishnukumar Raju said that, the private universities should not become money- spinning institutions and government should exercise control on them.
- The courses offered by private universities should be guided by requirements of the country and state.
- Replying to the debate, Rao said that there will be no compromise with regard to public interest.
- An expert committee and a screening panel have been proposed to look into the establishment and regulation of the private varsities.
Recently, Punjab Higher Education and Languages Minister, Surjit Singh Rakhra had expressed concern over the exploitation of students by private universities. He had instructed the department officials to prepare a draft of the regulatory authority to monitor them.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- RPSC Ras exam result 2020 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services result & cut off 2020 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - December 31, 2020
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2020 name wise- Jammu Board Higher Secondary Part Two annual Regualr result 2020 is Declared - December 9, 2020
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2020- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2020 Results Announced - November 30, 2020