Big Deficiency in Education Quality in India Despite having IITs & NITs: President Mukherjee
President Pranab Mukherjee said in an event on Teacher’s Day that Our IITs and NITs are excellent so far as campus recruitment is concerned. But, the flow of Indian students to institutions abroad needs to be reversed. Noting that there is a “big deficiency” in the quality of education in the country despite the presence of institutions like IITs and NITs.
President bestowed National Teachers Awards to 364 school teachers from across the country. He said, unless we have the quality of education, you cannot build a knowledge society. Unless you build the knowledge society, you cannot occupy your rightful place in the comity of nations.
More Details for President Views on Education Quality in India:
India was the leading centre of higher education and Indian universities attracted mighty minds from all across the globe in form of teachers and students. In his speech, Mukherjee said he was the Visitor of 114 central institutions, including 30 NITs, 16 IITs, 45 universities, management institutions etc
The President’s views on Quality Education:
- Today, every year more than 60,000 students leave our country for higher education to Oxford, Cambridge, MIT etc. We shall have to make this flow reverse.
- Our IITs and NITs are excellent so far as campus recruitment is concerned, he said, adding, there are 732 universities and 36,000 degree colleges in the country.
- He congratulated the teachers who were conferred the award and said primary and secondary education lays the foundation of higher education.
- He said teachers made a big contribution in terms of social responsibility for the country.
HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar and his deputies Upendra Kushwaha and Mahendra Nath Pandey were also present at the event.
Javadekar also echoed Mukherjee’s thoughts, saying while 27 crore students were enrolled and access of education had spread, it was quality which was the biggest challenge.
You can like our Results360.in page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
Latest posts by Shubham Patodi (see all)
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2019- Rtu 1st, 3rd, 5th & 7th sem results 2019 - June 6, 2019
- UPTETResult 2018 – UPTET 2018 Primary Result & UPTET Upper Primary Result 2018 is Announced at upbasiceduboard.gov.in - December 12, 2018
- WBUTTEPA Results 2018- West Bengal WbuttepaB.Ed 2nd Sem Result 2018 & B.Ed 1st Sem Supply Result 2017 is Announced - August 14, 2018