Bihar Cabinet Approves Two New Universities at Patna and Purnea- Patliputra University and Purnea University
Bihar is a Hub of Education with many Colleges and Universities in the State. A state cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, paved way for establishment of two new universities namely Patliputra University and Purnea University.
With the Long Discussion in the Stater Assembly, Bihar cabinet gave its approval for creation of two new universities in the state.
Details on New Universities in Bihar to be set up at Patna and Purnea:
A special meeting of the state cabinet organized for the whole process. It finalized the details for Colleges and Universities in the Bihar. Bihar is the third-largest state of India by population. Historically, Bihar has been a major centre of learning and home to the ancient universities of Nalanda.
- Bihar has a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Patna and also, an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Patna city.
- Any colleges affiliated to B N Mandal University at present, would be brought under the new Purnea University.
- Colleges in Patna and Nalanda, presently under Magadh University, would be attached to Patliputra University.
- The state cabinet also gave its consent to set up a ‘Bihar Samvad Samiti‘ which would take the government’s welfare programmes to people across the state.
- Also, the meeting approved a proposal to create four new posts in Home Guard Department, two commandants and as many deputy commandants.
Subscribe with us via email for all the latest Updates & educational details.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Punjab Board Class 10th Reappear Results 2017- PSEB 10th Supplementary Result 2017 Name Wise will Declared Soon - July 24, 2017
- MPSOS Ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017- MP board ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017 is Declared - July 24, 2017
- Acharya Nagarjuna University UG 2nd sem results March 2017- ANU Guntur Ug 2nd Results 2017 Declared - July 22, 2017