CBSE orders for Daily National Anthem & Proper Decorum in Schools
Central Board of Secondary Education has issued a circular to all the 16,000 schools affiliated to it, asking them “strictly comply with its orders relating to the singing of the National Anthem in the schools”. CBSE is the major education board in India with schools in every state of the Country.
In compliance of the direction given by the Hon’ble High Court of Calcutta in its order dated 22.09.2014, it is notified that the schools must strictly comply the orders relating to National Anthem of India.
More details on CBSE orders for national anthem & proper decorum:
As per reports from CBSE, the schools have been asked to sing the “Jana Gana Mana” anthem with proper decorum and within the listed timeframe for national anthem. Links providing the exact wordings of the full version of the anthem and its playing time which is approximately 52 seconds have also been forwarded to the schools all over the nation.
The CBSE order reads:
“The CBSE in its framework of the Values Education lists the Article 51(A) of the Indian Constitution- Fundamental Duties that contains 10 principles and the first one is “to abide by the constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem.” The Board has framed four behavioral descriptors for students for this principle. The second descriptor entails singing of National Anthem with decorum.”
CBSE Board has further defined occasions on which the full versions or the short version will be played. There were questions raised on the correct usage of the word “Sindhu” in the stanza “Panjaba-Sindhu-Gujarata-Maratha”.
The full version of the anthem shall be played on the following occasions:
- Civil and Military investitures,
- National salute,
- During parades,
- On arrival of the President at formal state functions,
- When the national flag is brought on parade,
- When the regimental colours are presented etc.
The CBSE board said the day’s work at all schools should begin with the National Anthem.
Keep Visitng Results360.in for all Education updates & Exam Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- University of Kota Ba Result 2017- UOK BA Part 1 & 2 Revaluation Exam Result 2017 Available now at uok.ac.in - October 13, 2017
- Aps University Result 2017- APSU BEd I & II Year Annual Result 2017 & APS University Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2017 Announced - October 13, 2017
- Odisha D.El.Ed. Final Results 2017- BSE Orissa D.El.Ed. Final Result 2017 Regular/Dep Announced & LIVE - October 11, 2017