Center Govt to Fund Potential Institutes to Improve Global Academic Ranking
Indian Education system is unique in the world. Our higher education in IITs, IIMs is world-wide reorganized. To boost higher education in the Global ranking list of Times and QS groups etc, the central government is planning to accelerate funding for Ten higher education institutes in India with greater potential over next four years. The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has taken 10 institutes from the List of top 500 institutes from the global academic ranking and is likely to grant funds of Rs 100-500 crore to them.
More Details on funds to Ten higher education institutes in India:
According to a recent report published by Times of India, the ministry is planning to established world-class research infrastructure and laboratories in Indian colleges. It will push the institutes in global top 100 list.
- The list will consist of top ranking IITs and Indian Institute of Science, IISc Bangalore.
- The ministry has identified that institutes based on the rankings and performance in the year 2013, 2014 and 2015 and are constantly improving their performance.
- The list is expected to include IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati and Indian Institute of Science and Bangalore.
- The proposal to fund these institutes Rs 300-500 crore which is yet to be reviewed.
The plan is to fund these institutes so that they can be made able to compete with globally with other institutes and universities of China and South Korea. IIT Delhi and IISc Bangalore get features in top 200 on QS rankings while institutes of China and South Korea have a few institutes making it to top 50 of global rankings. Both the countries have invested heavily in their education sector.
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, IIM-A have made it to the list of Top 100 full-time MBA ranking this year at 60th rank. The Economist also releases the rankings of top Executive MBA, top 10 female enrolment, top 20 Europe, top 10 GMAT score etc list every year to determine best management schools in the world.
Stay Connected with Results360 to get all Educational news & Results.
Subscribe with us via email & Follow us on Facebook for Govt. exam news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- OTET Result 2017 Name Wise- Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test Result Paper 1 & 2 Orissa TET cut off, Answer Key 2017 is Announced - December 18, 2017
- Kumaun University BA Result 2017- KUNTL BA Part 1, 2, 3 (After Improvement) Exam Result 2017 is Declared - December 12, 2017
- Acharya Nagarjuna University UGresults October 2017- ANU Guntur 1st, 3rd, 5th Sem Results 2017 is Declared Now - December 7, 2017