Delhi Government Passes Three Bills Set to “Reform Delhi education system”
Education system of any state is important for its growth & development. For Delhi Government,it was necessary to bring these changes in the education system because “in the present, nobody could run a private school without engaging in cheating or corruption” said the chief minister.
Calling it a “historic” moment, the AAP government passed a bunch of bills to introduce major reforms in Delhi’s education system.
- The Delhi School Verification of Accounts and Refund of Excess Fee Bill 2015,
- The Delhi School Education ( Amendment) Bill 2015,
- And The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Delhi Amendment) Bill which scraps the no-detention policy from entry level classes.
Delhi includes National Capital Region and education reforms are important. Now the mechanism will be such that those who want to run their schools with honesty can do so, and those who don’t will be punished,” CM said.
More details for Bills passed for the Reform Delhi education system:
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal during discussions on the bill said, “these three bills are proof that we are very serious about education. It is our top priority. Eradicating corruption is just a means, ultimately our goal is that every child in the city is educated and healthy”.
The chief minister also assured teachers that their salaries would not be reduced. “Every private school will pay school teachers salaries as per what the government prescribes. For this, a committee will give suggestions. Schools will adhere to the formula set by this committee.
Kejriwal claimed that on account of transparency in the whole system, the fees charged by private schools would also decrease. “Verification of accounts is a first-of-its-kind Act being passed. If it is successful, it could set an example for other states”.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- MGS University Result 2016- MGSU BA Part 2 Revaluation Result 2016/ ChhotiKashi University Results Released - October 24, 2016
- Tamil Nadu Set result 2016- Tnset 2016 result Mother Teresa University & tn set Rank list declared - October 24, 2016
- SDSUV MA Result 2016- Sri Dev Suman University MA previous & Final results 2016 Declared - October 24, 2016