Education should be Free of Politics- says RSS ideolouge Dinanath Batra
Dinanath Batra is a retired school teacher and the founder of educational activist organisations. He is a RSS ideolouge, who has always been in news for his ideas on transforming education said,
“that the books and syllabuses taught in the country’s schools and colleges change as and when the government changes and called for making education politics-free.”
Delhi University’s Sanskrit department and the RSS-backed Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas (SSUN) organized a seminar on 24th November. According to PTI, Batra was addressing a seminar on New Education Policy 2015 at Delhi University when he said, “In our country, when the government changes, we see all books are being changed, syllabus also changes which creates an atmosphere of tension.
The status of education in Bharat is highly fragmented. It is limited to providing degrees to students and has also lost its research essence.”
More Details for Dinanath Batra views on Education in India:
Batra is key person in ‘Shiksha Bachao Andolan Samiti‘ and ‘Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas‘. Batra has also served as the General Secretary of Vidya Bharati, the school network run by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
Shri Dinanath Batra has been advocating moral science and cultural education in schools. Education should be autonomous as Election Commission or Supreme Court. In his career, he was appointed headmaster of the Geeta Senior School in Kurukshetra. The first school set up by the RSS. He says, Children should not suffer because of change in government.
- The Education Commission will supervise, manage and evaluate primary and higher education, and research.
- He also suggested a five-year integrated course for training teachers.
- He also suggested institution of an Indian Education Service (IES) and said education system would be better only when those with expertise in the field work in the sector.
- The field and policy making should be in hands of educationists.
Presently, Education sector is something like a jack of all trades but master of none. Batra, who is on a panel formed by the Haryana government to bring in qualitative changes in the education system, also said that entire education system needs a change and suggested that social service be made obligatory in schools and colleges in Indian states.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- IIT ban on 31 Startups Companies that went for Recruiting Students at Campus Placement Drives - October 22, 2016
- Esuvidha.info Results- RTU Btech 2nd & 4th sem main & back result 2016 will Declare at esuvidha.info - October 22, 2016
- European Higher Education Fair Report- “European Need Indian Students to Raise Standard of Education” - October 20, 2016