Education Without Teachers is Absolutely Inconceivable in India- Supreme Court
Indian Education has a Phenomenal History. The Teacher-Student Relation in India is always an example for rest of the World. But, if there is a shortage of Teachers in India, then how can a country Progress. Supreme Court making strong remarks on the importance of teachers said that, “education without teachers is like existence of an individual in an atmosphere without oxygen”.
The Apex court expressed worry over inadequate teachers in Telangana. “We are of the sanguine view that school education would become extinct without teachers and giving temptation to the students to come to school to play is nothing but an unacceptable apology for education.
“We say so as imparting of education without teachers is absolutely inconceivable like existence in an atmosphere sans oxygen is unthinkable,” a bench comprising justices Dipak Misra and P C Pant said after perusing an affidavit filed by the Telangana government. The affidavit filed by the Telangana chief secretary said some of the schools in the state were functioning without Teachers as Educators were opting only for urban areas and better-connected villages.
More Information for Teacher Requirement in Indian States:
India is hub of graduates and many of them want to become a teacher. Keeping in view the court says:
- Instructions have been issued that while transferring any teacher, if any school is left without any teacher, the district educational officer shall issue necessary orders to the effect that the junior most teacher will come back and work in the school from where he/she was relieved until alternate arrangements are made.
- The affidavit also said that, “state government has decided to engage 7974 vidya volunteers as academic instructors after studying the latest the students enrollment figures”
- The move was taken to overcome the problem of shortage of teachers in schools.
- To this the supreme bench said, “We do not intend to say that we are really perplexed about the assertions made, but we cannot refrain ourselves from saying that it is quite surprising that a state is thinking of imparting education with such adhocism by engaging vidya volunteers/academic instructors.
“We have been also apprised that they have been engaged for a period of six months. This is a state of absolute adhocism which can never be appreciated,” the court said. The court observed the problem while hearing a petition filed by JK Raju, seeking a direction for providing toilet and drinking water facilities in the schools of the states in India.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates & Exam Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- BRICS Nations Adopts “New Delhi Declaration on Education” for Inclusive and Equitable Quality Education - October 26, 2016
- MGS University Result 2016- MGSU BA & Bsc Part 1 Revaluation Result 2016/ ChhotiKashi University Results Released - October 26, 2016
- SDSUV MA Result 2016- Sri Dev Suman University MA previous & Final results 2016 Declared - October 25, 2016