England Favors Indian Students, says no Cap on Foreign Students Coming to UK
“India and United Kingdom are having a strong historical relations”. Indian Students are studying in UK for various courses and Degrees. Recently Sajid Javid, UK secretary of state for business, innovation and skills, has said, “there is no cap at all on number of foreign students visiting Britain for studies”.
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani and UK’s secretary of state for business innovation and skills, Sajid Javid at the launch event in New Delhi. Speaking to media, Javid said, there is misconception in India about student visa given by UK and added, “I want to see more and more Indian students coming to UK for world class education.”
More details for India Students to Britain for Higher Education:
Thousands of Students from India applies every year for Education in United Kingdom. Mr. Javid said, Records speak for themselves. I also want to make it clearer to students about the variety of choices on offer.
- Almost 90% of Indian applicants who study in UK get their visas in 15 days.
- England have four of the top 10 universities of the world and 30 in the top 200.
- He also said that great opportunities exist in areas like science, engineering and humanities which have growing importance in India.
- UK’s Chevening Scholarship is worth £3 million, the highest anywhere in the world.
Javid, who met HRD minister Smriti Irani to announce 2016 as the UK-India year of research and innovation. He also clarified about job opportunities in UK for Indian students studying there, a question repeatedly asked in India. “Yes. First you can work during the holiday period between semesters”.
UK is good place for students for building their skills. Eventually, the practical experience helps and it is good for UK economy. We found time and time again that a number of students from India, China and US stay on through that route.
Javid said a graduate-level job is around £21,000 a year. “And if you translate it in rupees, it seems like a very high threshold. That is entry level salary for graduates,” he said. He said though aspirants for such jobs have to compete with everyone else but it is “perfectly reasonable for a talented young student who wants to graduate to have such opportunity to take such work.”
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Kumaun University B.Sc. Part I Exam Result 2017- Kumaun University Bsc Result 2017 is Live - May 27, 2017
- Maharashtra board 12th class result 2017 name wise- Msbshse hsc result 2017 is Declared - May 25, 2017
- Gulbarga University BA 3rd Sem Results Nov 2016- GUG Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2016-17 Announced - May 24, 2017