Geeta Made Compulsory for Rajasthan School Libraries in Upper Primary Schools
The Bhagavad Gita (in sanskrit: भगवद्गीता), referred to as simply the Geeta, is a 700-verse Hindu scripture in Sanskrit that is part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. Geeta is one of the holy books of Hindu Community. Now, as per latest announcement by Rajasthan government, to keep Geeta books in the libraries.
Critics are considering this move aimed at saffronizing education in Government schools in Rajasthan, The state education minister Vasudev Devnani said in an event, “all upper primary schools will be required to keep the Geeta in their libraries from the next academic session 2016″.
More details on Holy Geeta Books in Libraries of Rajasthan Schools:
There are 13000 government schools with libraries in the Rajasthan state. Gita is one of the two books in Indian mythology plays an important role in Hindu literature. The other is being The Ramayana (a Sanskrit epic poem, ascribed to the Hindu sage and Sanskrit poet Valmiki). The Rajasthan government minister’s statement, made at a function in Ajmer, coincides with Geeta Divas which was observed on Monday.
“Geeta is a book of guidance for all. I think keeping it in libraries will be an opportunity for all students to read it and lead a balanced life”. There are many thoughts prevailing on the matter of education System in India.
- Mr. Devnani was appointment as education minister in 2014.
- He has been stoking controversies over saffronisation of education, since then.
- Earlier this year, he made Surya Namaskar compulsory for students in schools.
- When the matter was challenged before the court, Devnani retracted his decision by making it optional.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- RPSC Ras exam result 2018 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services result & cut off 2018 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - July 10, 2020
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2020 name wise- Jammu Board Higher Secondary Part Two annual Regualr result 2020 is Declared - June 29, 2020
- Jkbose 10th Results 2020 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2020 Annual Jammu division Results 2020 Announced - June 15, 2020