Geeta Made Compulsory for Rajasthan School Libraries in Upper Primary Schools
The Bhagavad Gita (in sanskrit: भगवद्गीता), referred to as simply the Geeta, is a 700-verse Hindu scripture in Sanskrit that is part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. Geeta is one of the holy books of Hindu Community. Now, as per latest announcement by Rajasthan government, to keep Geeta books in the libraries.
Critics are considering this move aimed at saffronizing education in Government schools in Rajasthan, The state education minister Vasudev Devnani said in an event, “all upper primary schools will be required to keep the Geeta in their libraries from the next academic session 2016″.
More details on Holy Geeta Books in Libraries of Rajasthan Schools:
There are 13000 government schools with libraries in the Rajasthan state. Gita is one of the two books in Indian mythology plays an important role in Hindu literature. The other is being The Ramayana (a Sanskrit epic poem, ascribed to the Hindu sage and Sanskrit poet Valmiki). The Rajasthan government minister’s statement, made at a function in Ajmer, coincides with Geeta Divas which was observed on Monday.
“Geeta is a book of guidance for all. I think keeping it in libraries will be an opportunity for all students to read it and lead a balanced life”. There are many thoughts prevailing on the matter of education System in India.
- Mr. Devnani was appointment as education minister in 2014.
- He has been stoking controversies over saffronisation of education, since then.
- Earlier this year, he made Surya Namaskar compulsory for students in schools.
- When the matter was challenged before the court, Devnani retracted his decision by making it optional.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- University of Kota Ba Result 2017- UOK BA Part 1 & 2 Revaluation Exam Result 2017 Available now at uok.ac.in - October 13, 2017
- Aps University Result 2017- APSU BEd I & II Year Annual Result 2017 & APS University Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2017 Announced - October 13, 2017
- Odisha D.El.Ed. Final Results 2017- BSE Orissa D.El.Ed. Final Result 2017 Regular/Dep Announced & LIVE - October 11, 2017