Higher Education Tie-up on Priority Agenda- Japanese PM Visit to India
India and Japan are abide in many bi-lateral ties in many sectors. In a recent visit of Japanese PM Shinzo Abe’s was also inked various new ties. His visit to India and his agenda is collaboration in higher education is expected. While there has already been collaboration between universities in the two countries.
The sources said, “Abe’s visit could lead to inter-government collaboration in the field and an agreement could be signed on promoting the Japanese language in India educational institutions, especially with the IITs”. It is to be noted that, Language is a huge barrier behind Indian students not opting for education and research in Japan despite Japanese institutions figuring in the top 50 engineering colleges in the world.
More details for Higher Education Tie-ups between India and Japan:
India is world’s Fastest growing economy. Japan is one of the developed and leading economy in the world. As against more than 1,00,000 Indian students enrolled in the US, there are just 500 in Japan, government records show. The lower cost of education in Japan, as compared to US universities, has not been able to attract Indian students. The annual fee for an engineering course at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is over $40,000 while the same course at Tokyo University costs $10,000.
The official said, “The visiting delegation will hold dialogues with their Indian counterparts on ways to increase the exchange of students between both countries”.
- A number of India-Japan education summits have been planned for academic year 2016-17.
- There has been a number of activity between the two countries on collaboration in education recently. The Japanese government named University of Tokyo the coordinator for the Study in Japan Project (India) in October.
- And tasked it with delivering information about Japanese higher education to Indian students, teachers and parents.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- JKbose 10th Results 2017 name wise- J&K Board 10th Class Bi-Annual 2016-17 Jammu Division Available @ jkbose.co.in - March 30, 2017
- JKBOSE 12th Annual Result 2017- J&K Board Higher Secondary Part Two Bi-Annual Result 2016-17 (Regular) -Jammu Declared - March 29, 2017
- Odisha Pathani Samanta Mathematics Scholarship Results 2016- PMST exam results to be Announced - March 28, 2017