IIT Kharagpur is the most Employable Institute in India- QS employability rankings Survey 2015
IIT Kharagpur is one of the best Engineering College in India. Now, as per the latest international survey, it is rated as the most employable institute in the country for higher educational institutions. This survey report on IITs Placement is released on 26th November 2015. IIT Kharagpur is also the only other institute apart from IIT Bombay to make it to the top 100 of the global employability rankings.
The Rating Agency named, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), which released its first ever Graduate Employability Rankings on Thursday, placed IIT Kharagpur at 77th position and IIT Bombay at 93rd position.
More Details on IIT Kharagpur placement & employment opportunity:
The report was released on Thursday at the Young Universities Forum in Melbourne, Australia. As we all know, All the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are globally recognized. IIT Kharagpur is a public engineering institution established by the government of India in 1951. It was the first of the IITs to be established, and now, it is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the government of India. IIT Kharagpur is located 120 kilometres west of metro-politan city Kolkata. IIT Kharagpur scored impressively in parameters like ‘graduate employability rate‘ and ’employers’ presence’
➡ List of QS survey for India & Global Institutes are:
- IIT Kharagpur at 77th position is at India’s Best.
- IIT Bombay at 93rd position.
- The other Indian institutes are IIT Madras at 119 rank,
- IIT Delhi at 160 rank and University of Delhi 175 rank.
➡ The top five ranks were grabbed by:
- Stanford University, MIT, Harvard University,
- University of Cambridge and Yale University.
- With a score of 51.0, IIT Kharagpur competes with University of Liverpool (score 53), University of Lancaster (52.9) and Pennsylvania State University (52).
Director P P Chakraborty said– “The students of IIT Kgp are all talented. It is our interdisciplinary approach and the compulsory industrial internships that they go for which makes our students ready for their new jobs”.
In its mega project, the QS Graduate Employability Rankings survey analyzed over 44,000 responses from 1,239 universities. Experts took a year to conduct thorough investigations before reaching their conclusions.
The methodology included parameters like:
- Employer reputation,
- Partnerships with employers,
- Alumni outcomes, employers’ presence on campus.
- And graduate employment rate.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Maharashtra board 12th class result 2017 name wise- Msbshse hsc result 2017 is Declared - May 25, 2017
- Gulbarga University BA 3rd Sem Results Nov 2016- GUG Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2016-17 Announced - May 24, 2017
- Mbose hsslc arts results 2017 name wise-Meghalaya 12th hsslc Results 2017 is DECLARED - May 23, 2017