IIT Placement Salary Figures Will be Kept Secret From This Year
IITians are getting great packages from global giants of businesses. Recently, many India IIT students got the sky-high packages of Rs. one crore and above. Now, in a Recent move, the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) have decided not to reveal any pay package figures from this placement season following complaints of peer and parental pressure on students. A decision to this effect was taken recently at a meeting of all IITs placement committee (AIPC) in Guwahati.
Every year, there are a buzz with IITs placement news with students getting fat packages. “Disclosing salaries puts unnecessary pressure on students. It kick-starts peer pressure as well as parental and social pressure. People forget that only very few of them actually get those big packages of over a crore. The minimum and average salaries are much less,” Professor Sudhirkumar Barai, Chairman, Career Development Centre at IIT Kharagpur.
More News on IIT Salary Packages not to be Revealed from 2015-16:
IITs of India are among Best Institutes in the World. The decision was taken by all the institutes at a meeting of All IITs Placement Committee. “We had this rule of non-disclosure earlier also but, this time we took a conscious decision to implement it,” Barai said.
Presently, there are 16 IITs in the country. The first phase of placements began at the IITs from 1st December 2015, and for the first time packages of students are being kept a secret.
The Placement in-Charge of IIT-Kharagpur said:
- The confidentiality clause in the job contract also restricts the institute to talk about the offers to students during campus placements in IITs.
- Security and safety of the pass-outs and their families could be a cause of concern as they might even get kidnapped for a ransom.
- Some multinational companies complain to us, if we disclose the figures and breach the confidentiality clause.
- All the figures from any IITs being discussed in the media this season is unauthenticated as none of the premier engineering institute can disclose figures.
Recently, an IIT-Kharagpur student had disclosed directly before the media that he bagged an annual package of Rs 2 crore from Google after finishing internship. “We can’t stop students from making any disclosures on their own,” the IIT official said.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Wbjeeb Result 2017 Declared- wbjee jenparh results 2017 & west bengal JEE jenpauh result & wbjee seat allotment 2017 is Live - July 27, 2017
- Punjab Board Class 10th Reappear Results 2017- PSEB 10th Supplementary Result 2017 Name Wise will Declared Soon - July 24, 2017
- MPSOS Ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017- MP board ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017 is Declared - July 24, 2017