Low Ranking to IITs, IISc & other Indian Institutes in Asia’s innovative Universities list
Indian universities are providing best education. But, globally, they are facing competition. The Indian Institutes of Technology- IIT Delhi and IIT Mumbai are at the bottom of Reuters Top 75: Asia’s Most Innovative Universities list. The Indian Institute of Science- IISc Bangalore, the only other Indian institute in the list, is ranked at 73.
It will be a futile exercise to promote research and scholarship in universities without a public policy commitment to have a better faculty-student ratio, says C Raj Kumar, founding vice chancellor, OP Jindal Global University.
Details on Indian universities Ranking in the list of best universities in the world:
The fact that IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay could have ranked higher if they were not “grouped” with under-performing institutes only proves that are too many under-performers in the system. World-class campuses like IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay may have ranked much higher on the list if they weren’t grouped in with smaller and newer institutes like IIT Tirupati and IIT Palakkad,” said Reuters.
“Reuters ranking is based on a methodology that focuses on academic papers, which indicate basic research performed at a university, and patent filings, which point to an institution’s interest in protecting and commercializing its discoveries”.
Some reasons for Indian universities laging behind in Ranking:
- Political interference is on of the major reason for University Growth nationally or globally.
- Second, modernisation of syllabus or curriculum is imperative in today’s world.
- Third, lack of autonomy and regulation: “The first and most important reform for world-class universities is to free them from the shackles of academic bureaucracy and from all forms of external intervention that impedes their growth and evolution.
- The existing regulatory framework makes universities function like mediocre departments within the government structure.
- Funding and Resources: funding for research, support for research centres, creation of incubation centres, development of physical infrastructure, use of technology is important.
You can like our Results360.in page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe with us via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Punjab Board Class 10th Reappear Results 2017- PSEB 10th Supplementary Result 2017 Name Wise will Declared Soon - July 24, 2017
- MPSOS Ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017- MP board ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017 is Declared - July 24, 2017
- Acharya Nagarjuna University UG 2nd sem results March 2017- ANU Guntur Ug 2nd Results 2017 Declared - July 22, 2017