Ministry of Human Resource Development Allocates Rs 5 crore to UGC for Anti-Ragging Campaigns
Academic sessions has started in almost all the colleges in the country. The Ministry of Human Resource Development or MHRD allocated Rs five crore to University Grants Commission India- UGC for undertaking publicity campaign against Ragging in higher educational institutions in the entire country.
The ministry said in a statement, “The UGC has spent an amount of Rs 4.78 crore on various activities, including preparing and broadcasting of Television Commercial or TVCs on anti-ragging by Doordarshan, making of films by NFDC, coverage through FM radio and printing and mailing of posters by DAVP and broadcasting on All India Radio by Prasar Bharati”.
More Information on Anti-Ragging Campaigns by UGC in India:
New HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar decided to allocate adequate funds for anti ragging campaigns. Despite undertaking many social campaigns, ragging is still prevalent in many colleges. University Grants Commission, UGC had also announced a competition for students, teachers and general public for wide publicity and promotion of anti-ragging measures:
- It Includes poster, logo and icon designing for this Campaign.
- Positive Slogan and essay competition among all the Students.
This information, the ministry said, was provided by HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha. The statement also said that 390 cases of ragging, including death or maiming of students, were reported in different colleges of the country during the last year. Mainly complaints came from Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh and have reported higher number of cases of ragging.
UGC has sent letters dated 28th July 2015 and 10th February 2016, to the chief secretaries and the education secretaries of the states concerned where the ragging cases reported are high, the statement said. It added that recently the definition of ragging had also been expanded.
You can like our Results360.in page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe with us via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- CBSE 12th class Result 2018 name wise – CBSE board 12th results region wise & cbse 12th topper list is Declared - May 26, 2018
- Jkbose 10th Results 2018 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2018 Bi-Annual kashmir division Results 2018 Announced - May 11, 2018
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2018 name wise- Jammu & Kashmir Board Higher Secondary Part Two, Bi-annual result 2018 is Declared - May 9, 2018