C Rangarajan stresses on Modernisation of Syllabus in India- Our Higher education is at cross-roads
Education & its syllabus is a point of concern for future prospective. The former Chairman of Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister recently gave a speech at the sixth convocation of the ICFAI Foundation of Higher education, Hyderabad, where he spoke on, “what India needs in the field of education”.
C Rangarajan is the chancellor of ICFAI university. The ICFAI convocation ceremony was being held for the students who graduated from the institute in 2015-16.
More details for Modernisation of Syllabus suggested by C Rangarajan:
C Rangarajan was recently invited as the chief guest at the sixth convocation of the ICFAI Foundation of Higher education, Hyderabad. While giving a speech on the occasion, he said:-
- Higher education in India is at “cross-roads”, and needs radical changes.
- He also said that industrial, agricultural and scientific growth of the country depends on creating a “corps” of well-trained professionals in all these areas.
- And it would happen only with good quality higher education.
- He further said, “It is cliche to say that higher education in India is at crossroads. But this hackneyed and overused phrase still contains an element of truth.
- We have reached a point where the need for bringing about some radical changes in higher education has become urgent.
Higher Education Syllabus in India should be updated:
The excellent quality of the best students of our universities and colleges is well recognized at home and abroad and is not in doubt. But, it is the average which is causing concern. Modernisation of syllabus or curriculum is imperative in today’s world.
The former chairman of Hindustan Unilever Limited, S M Datta also highlighted the importance of various qualities which a manager should possess in order to be successful in a dynamic environment. He made students aware about important strategies to overcome obstacles and coping up with limitations during their career.
Also, as we mentioned about the Convocation, As many as 1438 students including 516 girls received degrees at the ICFAI University convocation.
Subscribe with us via email or Facebook for latest Updates & Educational News.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- RPSC Ras exam result 2018 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services preliminary result & cut off 2018 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - October 13, 2018
- WBSU Barasat University Part 1 Hons. & Gen. Exam 2018 Result- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2018 Result is announced - August 29, 2018
- MJPRU UG Result 2018 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2018 Announced - July 30, 2018