New Medical Colleges to Come up in 58 Districts in India
India is a big country with 2nd highest population in the world. There are hundreds of medical colleges in India. Now, as per recent announcement, the new medical colleges in India will be set up in 58 districts across many states. It will result in an increase of 5,800 MBBS seats in the country.
The Parliament was informed by Health and Family Welfare Minister J P Nadda that, “these medical colleges are being established under a centrally sponsored scheme for ‘Establishment of Medical Colleges attached with existing District/Referral hospitals”. Minister said in a written reply in Rajya Sabha of Parliament.
More Details of New Medical Colleges in India in 2016-17:
At present, India is many prestigious medical colleges and All India Institutes of Medical Sciences, (AIIMS, a group of autonomous public medical colleges of higher education). In the first phase, total 58 districts have been identified.
Criteria for identification of districts under the scheme, are district hospitals/referral hospital with bed strength of 200 or more, districts where there is no medical college and preference to under-served areas.
- This initiative would result in increase of 5,800 MBBS seats in the country.
- Districts with hospitals/referral hospitals have been identified under the scheme.
- In reply to a separate question in Rajya Sabha, Nadda said, “the Government Medical College, Jaipur will be upgraded”.
- He also said, that the timeline for establishing super specialty block depends upon the receipt of various due approvals of EFC and CCEA.
One of the Renowned Government Medical College, Jaipur has been identified for upgradation under phase-4 of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana,” he said.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2017- J&K Board Higher Secondary 2017- Leh & Kargil Division ( Winter Zone) is Declared - January 17, 2018
- Cbse 10th Time Table 2018- Cbse Matric /High School Date Sheet 2018 is Announced - January 15, 2018
- Jkbose Class 10th Results 2017 Name Wise- J&K Board 10th Result 2017 Kashmir Division (Winter Zone) is Declared - January 9, 2018