There is No Proposal for Common Curriculum for CBSE & State Boards- says Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar
Syllabus or Curriculum is very important for studies and matters a lot for students education. Recently, our Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar cleared that, Government does not propose to introduce a common curriculum in CBSE and state boards. As a uniform syllabus does not take into account the local contexts, culture and language, Lok Sabha was informed.
More details about No Proposal for Common Curriculum for CBSE & State Boards:
HRD Minister was asked whether the government proposed to introduce a common curriculum CBSE, state boards, the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) and the Indian School Certificate Examination Board (ISCE).
According to the Central government, “uniform syllabus does not take into account of the local contexts, culture and language and hence such a proposal is not being taken into consideration currently”.
- Responding to a Question Hour, Minister of State for HRD Upendra Kushwaha said at the same time, the national policy on education has proposed a national framework of curriculum with common core values that include the history of the freedom movement, constitutional movements and other content essential to nurture a national identity.
- And, Responding on the weight of the school bag, Kushwaha said efforts are on reduce the weight claiming that the government has been successful in its endeavour.
- He said some of the state governments have agreed to the national framework.
In his written reply, Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said, “multiplicity of curriculum and educational resources are desirable as the uniform syllabus across the nation does not take into account the local contexts, culture and language”.
You can like our Results360.in page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- University of Kota Ba Result 2017- UOK BA Part 1 & 2 Revaluation Exam Result 2017 Available now at uok.ac.in - October 13, 2017
- Aps University Result 2017- APSU BEd I & II Year Annual Result 2017 & APS University Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2017 Announced - October 13, 2017
- Odisha D.El.Ed. Final Results 2017- BSE Orissa D.El.Ed. Final Result 2017 Regular/Dep Announced & LIVE - October 11, 2017