Online admission system is a must for Affiliated Universities- UGC Instruction
India is having hundreds of Universities. Now, in a recent instruction, “all the universities affiliated to the University Grants Commission (UGC) have been issued instructions for ‘Online Admission System‘ for all the programmes offered by them”.
The UGC chairman, Ved Prakash has asked all the universities to give ‘top priority’ in making their ‘Admission System Online’ for all the programmes offered. As per newspaper reports, the institutes are now working on the summative evaluation for the current academic session. Preparations for the next academic session commencing from June-July, 2016 will soon be done by the colleges.
- This important step taken by the UGC will ensure greater efficiency as well as it will promote transparency in the functioning of the institution.
- Also, it will facilitate the students and parents to make all informed choices.
- For example, the candidates who have already made their admission process online will have to inform UGC about the extent to which their admission process is currently online.
More about Online admission system in Affiliated Universities:
There are thousands of colleges affiliated to numerous universities in India. UGC provides recognition to all the universities in India. In case the university has fully implemented the online admission, it may indicate a descriptor of the software used and also mention the process adopted for the online admission.
If the admissions are not done online, or is only partially online, then they have to indicate the steps proposed by their university for converting it into a complete online mode from the academic session 2016-17.
The universities have also been informed by the UGC that the progress made by them in implementing the online admissions will be reviewed in a meeting, scheduled for early January, 2016. Accordingly, universities are requested to initiate urgent steps for online admissions.
About UGC– The University Grants Commission is a statutory body set up by the Indian Union government in 1956, and is charged with coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of higher education. It provides recognition to universities in India.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- RPSC Ras exam result 2020 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services result & cut off 2020 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - December 31, 2020
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2020 name wise- Jammu Board Higher Secondary Part Two annual Regualr result 2020 is Declared - December 9, 2020
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2020- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2020 Results Announced - November 30, 2020