Prime Minister Modi says- Government Intends to Integrate Science and Technology in India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Annual Indian Science Congress (ISC) at University of Mysore campus in Karnataka on Sunday, 3rd January 2015. Theme of this 103rd edition of the ISC is “Science & Technology for Indigenous Development in India“. The Congress will continue till 7th January.
On this ocassion, PM Modi and eminent scientist CNR Rao delivered the Bharat Ratna M Visvesvaraya Lecture on ‘Doing Science in India‘ on the opening day on 3rd January.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has emphasized the need to bridge the gap between Science and indigenous growth aspirations. Modiji also presented 28 awards, including six gold medals to Nobel Laureates, ISCA Best Oral Presenter, ISCA Best Poster, ISCA Young Scientists, C V Raman Birth Centenary Award at the event, which is being held at University of Mysore.
Details on PM Modi Speech in Mysore University on Science and Technology In India:
Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan unveiled the Indian Science Congress Mega Expo “Pride of India-Frontier Science and Technologies“.
PM Modi has emphasized on various points such as:
- Innovation in approach is not just the obligation of the government, but also the responsibility of the private sector and the academia.
- He drew the attention of the delegates towards the one of the biggest challenges for the world, and one that dominated global attention last year which is to define a path to a more prosperous future for our world and a more sustainable future for our planet.
- He stressed on 3 A’s: available, accessible and affordable for all.
- Prime minister suggested for the network of 30-40 universities and labs focusing for next ten years on transforming the way we produce, distribute and consume energy.
- This is especially critical for India to achieve target of adding 175 GW of renewable generation by 2022.
- Calling the present century as ‘Urban Century’, he said that studies suggest that nearly 40% of the global urban population lives in informal settlements, or slums, where they face a range of health and nutritional challenges.
PM called upon the scientists to be concerned of what he called:
Five E’s at the centre of their enquiry and engineering: “Economy, Environment, Energy, Empathy and Equity“.
Today, we must recall the humanism that defined his thought: “Concern for man himself and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors.“
- The Union Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences Dr. Harsha Vardhan has said that India has made substantial progress in the field of science and technology, biotechnology, nanotechnology and in space sector and we only have to endeavor to take fruits of such progress to the people.
- Later delivering the Bharat Ratna Sir M.Visvesvaraya lecture on ‘Doing Science in India’ Bharat Ratna Dr.C.N.R.Rao called upon the scientists to work with passion. Speaking upon importance of time Prof. Rao went back to PM Modi’s speech where he spoke of India in 2030. We have to work in a hurry. If we do that, we will be in the top of the world in next 10-15 years.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Maharashtra board 12th class result 2017 name wise- Msbshse hsc result 2017 is Declared - May 25, 2017
- Gulbarga University BA 3rd Sem Results Nov 2016- GUG Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2016-17 Announced - May 24, 2017
- Mbose hsslc arts results 2017 name wise-Meghalaya 12th hsslc Results 2017 is DECLARED - May 23, 2017