Indian Railways has set up a Chair on Sustainable Mobility at TERI University
Indian Railways has set up a Chair on sustainable mobility at TERI University, New Delhi for green energy and creative solutions for efficient technology management.
A report in Press Trust of India (PTI) says, “according to a MoU signed in presence of Railway, Minister Suresh Prabhu, the Chair would also focus on research in several aspects of railways that has come out as crucial mode of transport to accomplish sustainable development in the country.” An MOU in this regard was signed on 23 November, 2015 in the presence of the Minister for Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu.
More details for Indian Railways Chair for Sustainable Mobility:
The TERI University was established in 1998. The University has developed and evolved as a research university exploring the frontiers of knowledge in areas of major significance to human endeavor. It would aim for imparting knowledge and enriching professionals in all aspects of sustainability with a multi-dimensional perspective relevant to railways. The tenure of the Chair would be one year initially, extendable upon reviews. The Annual funding is Rs 20 lakhs.
Indian Railways Chair for Sustainable Mobility would mainly focus on:
- To promote research on issues of sustainable mobility,
- Use of energy efficient technology,
- Green energy initiatives by the Railways,
- And facilitate research into finding innovative solutions to these issues.
- Strategic, Capacity and Investment Planning in Railways.
- International and Global practices and innovations in Railway sector.
Click For More Info ➡ pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=131838
The Chair is expected to involve itself into issues of sustainable development especially relevant to the rail infrastructure, use of energy efficient technology and green energy initiatives of the Railways and to research into finding innovative solutions to these. It should lend strength to the ongoing research and teaching and should open new vistas of research in the field of rail transport.
Get all latest updates on exam notifications for India Education sector:
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- MPSOS Ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017- MP board ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017 is Declared - July 22, 2017
- Acharya Nagarjuna University UG 2nd sem results March 2017- ANU Guntur Ug 2nd Results 2017 Declared - July 22, 2017
- Punjab Board Class 10th Reappear Results 2017- PSEB 10th Supplementary Result 2017 Name Wise will Declared Soon - July 21, 2017