Indian Railways has set up a Chair on Sustainable Mobility at TERI University
Indian Railways has set up a Chair on sustainable mobility at TERI University, New Delhi for green energy and creative solutions for efficient technology management.
A report in Press Trust of India (PTI) says, “according to a MoU signed in presence of Railway, Minister Suresh Prabhu, the Chair would also focus on research in several aspects of railways that has come out as crucial mode of transport to accomplish sustainable development in the country.” An MOU in this regard was signed on 23 November, 2015 in the presence of the Minister for Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu.
More details for Indian Railways Chair for Sustainable Mobility:
The TERI University was established in 1998. The University has developed and evolved as a research university exploring the frontiers of knowledge in areas of major significance to human endeavor. It would aim for imparting knowledge and enriching professionals in all aspects of sustainability with a multi-dimensional perspective relevant to railways. The tenure of the Chair would be one year initially, extendable upon reviews. The Annual funding is Rs 20 lakhs.
Indian Railways Chair for Sustainable Mobility would mainly focus on:
- To promote research on issues of sustainable mobility,
- Use of energy efficient technology,
- Green energy initiatives by the Railways,
- And facilitate research into finding innovative solutions to these issues.
- Strategic, Capacity and Investment Planning in Railways.
- International and Global practices and innovations in Railway sector.
Click For More Info ➡ pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=131838
The Chair is expected to involve itself into issues of sustainable development especially relevant to the rail infrastructure, use of energy efficient technology and green energy initiatives of the Railways and to research into finding innovative solutions to these. It should lend strength to the ongoing research and teaching and should open new vistas of research in the field of rail transport.
Get all latest updates on exam notifications for India Education sector:
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- University of Kota Ba Result 2017- UOK BA Part 1 & 2 Revaluation Exam Result 2017 Available now at uok.ac.in - October 13, 2017
- Aps University Result 2017- APSU BEd I & II Year Annual Result 2017 & APS University Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2017 Announced - October 13, 2017
- Odisha D.El.Ed. Final Results 2017- BSE Orissa D.El.Ed. Final Result 2017 Regular/Dep Announced & LIVE - October 11, 2017