National Education Policy Suggests A Restriction On Universities To Affiliate Only 100 Colleges
The National Education Policy (or NEP) draft is in process in India. NEP draft includes various implementations for the Indian Education sector. In the latest move to reduce academic stress and workload, the ministry of human resource and development (HRD) has suggested, to restrict the number of colleges or Institutes any university can associate with it.
Details on Restriction of only 100 Colleges to Affiliate by any University in India:
Recently, the committee of New Education Policy (NEP) chaired by TSR Subramanium suggested new norms that says, “no university shall now be eligible to affiliate more than 100 colleges”.
The NEP includes assessment of teachers’ academic performance, Introduction to disciplinary courses and collaboration with foreign universities, involvement of industry experts and alumni on the governing bodies of higher education institutes.
Report says, the existing universities with affiliation of more than 100 colleges will be reconstructed.
- Most of the academicians across the nation feel that the large number of associated colleges to any particular university are affecting the teaching standards and quality output.
- Presently, Indian universities across the nation affiliate 300-1000 colleges, as per their institutional set-up.
- The University of Mumbai has about 740 colleges under its affiliation.
- Whereas, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Aligarh Muslim University and University of Hyderabad have also shown up with large number of affiliated colleges and Institutes.
The suggestion to put a cap on number of colleges is part of the wide range of policies delivered in the draft New Education Policy (NEP) released by the MHRD, which is open for reviews and suggestions till July 31, 2016.
The NEP draft 2016 also outlined various concerns of the Indian universities, such as, Prevention of outsiders and those who have ceased to be students from playing an active role in student politics, Blocking of outsider students from entering campuses and hostels, Keeping a check on students making use of facilities in campus beyond their period of enrollment, Encouraging student unions on campus to indulge in ‘furthering the interests of democracy’.
You can like our Results360 page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe with us via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Maharashtra board 12th class result 2017 name wise- Msbshse hsc result 2017 is Declared - May 25, 2017
- Gulbarga University BA 3rd Sem Results Nov 2016- GUG Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2016-17 Announced - May 24, 2017
- Mbose hsslc arts results 2017 name wise-Meghalaya 12th hsslc Results 2017 is DECLARED - May 23, 2017