Sikkim CM Inaugurates the First Skill Centre of ATDC in Gangtok
Sikkim is a small state in northwest India. It is located in the Himalayan mountains region with geographically diversity. Chief Minister of Sikkim Pawan Chamling, inaugurated the Shram Bhawan at Sokeythang, Gangtok. Shram Bhawan is the India’s Largest Vocational Training Network for the Apparel Sector introduced in Gangtok.
Apparel Training and Design Centre (ATDC) has signed an MoU with Labour & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Department. With an aim “to train skilled workforce for the rapidly growing export and domestic sectors of the Apparel Industry and upgrade the technical skills to improve quality, productivity and efficiency”.
More details on technical Skills Centre of ATDC in Gangtok:
Sikkim state is also home to glaciers, alpine meadows and thousands of varieties of wildflowers. The MoU was signed between Dr. Darlie Koshy, DG&CEO, ATDC & IAM and Dr. K. Jayakumar, Principal Secretary, Labour & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Department. The MoU has been signed initially for a period of one year.
Under this MoU Labour & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Department will sponsor 300 students of ATDC.
- It is the 1st newly constructed skill development center of ATDC in Sikkim state.
- And it aims at imparting employment oriented training and encourages entrepreneurship through Skill Development of youth & women.
- It offer many short-term programs under ISDS, MOT, GOI (ATDC-SMART) for 300 hours.
- The centre is well equipped with Sewing Machines Labs, CAD Lab for Computerized Pattern Making, Computer Embroidery Machine, and Resource Centre.
Pawan Chamling, Chief Minister of Sikkim, distributed the ATDC Tool kits to the students and he even took keen interest in the technologically advanced machines and the training systems and conferred recognition of the State Government to ATDC.
- Chamling said “In Sikkim we have adopted a comprehensive focus on livelihood training, self employment, wage employment as also industrial training.
- Speaking on this occasion Dr. Darlie Koshy DG & CEO, ATDC & IAM said “Sikkim being the smallest state and second least populous state in India has high aspirations for its population. The people have natural aesthetics beauty and skills in Fashion.”
- Our target is comprehensive accelerated progress in all sectors, inclusiveness, improved quality of life and well being of individuals and communities”
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- BRAU Degree Results 2016- Ambedkar university Srikakulam UG I/II Year Supplementary Exam Result Oct 2016 Declared - January 17, 2017
- JKBOSE 12th Annual Result 2016- J&K Board Higher Secondary Part Two Annual Results 2016 Jammu Declared - January 16, 2017
- CSVTU BE Result 2016- CSVTU BTech 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th sem Regular/Backlog Results 2016 will Declare soon - January 13, 2017