Single Entrance Test for engineering colleges in India- HRD Ministry Announced
India is the land of Talent pool with Intelligent students in Every State. India is the major hub of Engineers in the world. From the next academic session, admissions to state’s engineering and medical colleges will be based on students’ scores in a single common entrance test. On 6th October, a council meeting headed by Smriti Irani had decided that a core committee will study and evaluate the proposal to hold single entrance test for IITs. According to the notification, no weightage will be given to class XII marks for engineering admissions as it was done in the patterns of the last two years.
More Details for Entrance Exam for Engineering Colleges in India:
India is having one of the Largest Pool of Engineers (with China & USA). The government resolution for MHT-CET for admissions to 2016-17 academic session was finally issued by the state government on Saturday.
While expert committee trying to establish one exam, one rank, one counselling for admissions in engineering institutes like IITs/NITs/IISERs and other, Ministry of Human Resource Development is trying to clear the way for the making it reality. The committee is due giving the report its report in first week of November which was decided in the IIT Council meet earlier this month. The state level engineering entrance exams are also managed again.
According to a report, the ministry is trying to Start Single test for IITs for conducting Admissions. The effort is also to create an exam paper where there are right balance of questions which are both knowledge based and analytical so that there are lesser stress on the students.
- The biggest reason for creating the is to curb the time taking procedure which puts stress on students.
- The initiative is likely to curb the increasing coaching industries that are putting huge financial pressure on students and parents due to multiple examination patterns.
- The students giving engineering entrance test now undergo two kinds of coaching one for NIT and other engineering colleges and advanced coaching for IITs.
Current entrance tests schemes in India:
- JEE Mains followed by JEE Advanced to get admission in IITs.
- Pitching the National Institute of Technology (NIT) admission procedure, IIT asked for single entrance test for admissions.
- For NIT, clearing only JEE Mains is required for admissions. The recommendation is likely to be put in place by the first week of November.
- According to the proposal made by IIT council, the admission procedure for IIT were ‘time- taking’ and ‘cumbersome’ and did not leave much time for institutes to conduct enough number of counselling sessions.For More Info regarding Entrance Exams Click ➡ mhrd.gov.in
Stay Connected with Results360 to get all Engineering exams & Results news.
Subscribe with us via email & Follow us on Facebook for updated news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- RPSC Ras exam result 2018 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services preliminary result & cut off 2018 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - October 13, 2018
- WBSU Barasat University Part 1 Hons. & Gen. Exam 2018 Result- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2018 Result is announced - August 29, 2018
- MJPRU UG Result 2018 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2018 Announced - July 30, 2018