Tata Consultancy Sevices Set aside Rs 1100 crore to Help Flood-Affected in Chennai Region
Chennai flood is one of the major calamities that India faced in 2015. Recently, Tata Consultancy Services has decided to take a step which might set examples for other companies. It has set aside Rs 1,100 crore for providing interest free salary advances to its employees in flood-struck Chennai.
Many Corporate houses came forward to help the flood affected people in some way or the other. TCS is the largest software services company in India. While in the run for competition and profitability, companies usually overlook ‘corporate social responsibilities’. But, this time TCS is helping Schools, colleges in Sustaining education in the State.
More about TCS Helping Flood Affected Schools and colleges in Chennai:
Chennai and surrounding districts are much affected where various companies including manufacturing sector exist. In some places, schools and colleges are still waiting for the Clear Clouds over the Tamil Nadu. TCS will make available up to Rs 1,100 crore for the same and the advances will be provided from the week of 14th December to those who apply.
In a communication to employees, TCS CEO and Managing Director, N Chandrasekaran said that:
- The company will offer interest free cash advance of Rs one lakh or an equivalent of three months gross salary, whichever is higher.
- According to reports, TCS has also set aside Rs 50 crore for direct grants to its employees who have suffered extensive damage.
- TCS will also reimburse medical and hospitalization expenses.
Another IT firm Cognizant, which is one of the largest employers in the TN region recruiting more than 60000 people, has also committed Rs 260 crore to undertake relief and rehabilitation in Chennai region. TCS will also add 3,000 seats at its Kalinga Park centre in Bhubaneswar, in order to expand its presence in Odisha. TCS Kalinga Park, a facility designed as India’s first Platinum-rated LEED IT Campus.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- BRICS Nations Adopts “New Delhi Declaration on Education” for Inclusive and Equitable Quality Education - October 26, 2016
- MGS University Result 2016- MGSU BA & Bsc Part 1 Revaluation Result 2016/ ChhotiKashi University Results Released - October 26, 2016
- SDSUV MA Result 2016- Sri Dev Suman University MA previous & Final results 2016 Declared - October 25, 2016