UGC Plans to Rank all Universities and Colleges in India
The University Grants Commission of India is a statutory body set up by the Indian Union government in 1956. UGC is charged with coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of higher education. As per a reports, the “UGC is planning to Rank all Universities and Colleges in the country”.
The UGC rankings will cover private colleges and universities both. The UGC has already prepared a National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF) for varsities and colleges, and has issued instructions to all institutions to take part in the ranking exercise.
More details for UGC Plans for Ranking Universities and Colleges in Indian States:
UGC provides recognition to Universities in India, and disburses funds to such recognised universities and colleges. The UGC rankings are due to be out by April 2016.
UGC official said, that we plans to rank all educational institutions in the country, in a move that has upset other regulatory bodies.
- The UGC move has not gone down well with other regulatory bodies like AICTE (engineering), MCI (medical), NATA (architecture) etc.
- As per the report, the Karnataka State Higher Education Council had come up with a plan to rank and rate universities.
The UGC directive to institutions read, “The best learning experience in the ideal environment is the ultimate objective of every institution.”
- This objective becomes more highlighted when institutions are constantly adjudged on the basis of excellence in teaching and learning, excellence in research and innovations and excellence in engagement.
- These are some parameters which are looked into by students and parents whilst making an informed choice of pursuing a program in any institution of higher learning.
- Institutions are also expected to provide inspiring learning and living environment on their campuses.
- The Commission has zeroed in on several parametres that will be used to rank institutions under NIRF.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- MJPRU UG Result 2020 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2020 Declared - September 16, 2020
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2020- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2020 Results Announced - September 10, 2020
- University of Kalyani BA, Bsc, Bcom (General, Hons, Major) Result 2020- Kalyani University Part 1 Result 2020 Updates - September 9, 2020