World Handwashing Day- Interesting facts on Healthy Living for Children
The World Handwashing Day is a campaign to motivate the people to improve their handwashing habits. This is an important intiative to mobilize people around the world for neatness, by washing their hands with soap at critical moments throughout the day. It takes place on 15th October of every year. The campaign is dedicated to increase awareness of handwashing with soap as a key approach to disease prevention. The 1st Global Handwashing Day celebrated on 15th october 2008.
It is important to include handwashing practice into a regular habit. According to the official details, turning hand washing with soap before eating and after using the toilet into an ingrained habit was projected to save more lives. Sanitation and hygiene are important factors for Decrease in the Viral Diseases in India.
This Activity is mainly promoted for Children. But, it is to be followed by the everyone of all age group of people. In India in 2008, Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and his teammates joined an estimated 100 million school children around the country in promoting up the campaign for better health and hygiene as part of the 1st Global Handwashing Day.
Interesting Details for Global Handwashing Day are:
- Logo of Global Handwashing Day around the world are consists of water, soap, and hand.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the Ambassador for this Handwashing Day intiative.
- Every year, about 200 million people celebrate Global Handwashing Day.
- On 15th October 2014 in Madhya Pradesh, India won the Guinness World Record for hand washing.
- There were 12,76,425 children in 51 different districts of MP participated in it.
- Rate of Child mortality from respiratory disease reduced by almost 25%.
- Also, the Rate of Child mortality from diarrheal disease are reduced by almost 40%.
- The Life-style of Rural areas are also changing, after such hygienic campaigns.
Important Points on Global Handwashing Day:
The focus for Global Handwashing Day’s inaugural year in 2008 was school children. The campaign was initiated to reduce childhood mortality rates related respiratory and diarrheal diseases by introducing simple behavioral changes, such as handwashing with soap. Peer (friend) influence is significant to increased handwashing among students of all age groups. The Sanitation is important in village for daily activity.
The Participating members countries pledged to get the maximum number of school children handwashing with soap in more than 70 countries and their Hundreds of Cities.
Subscribe with us for all latest educational News and Results In India.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Punjab Board Class 10th Reappear Results 2017- PSEB 10th Supplementary Result 2017 Name Wise will Declared Soon - July 24, 2017
- MPSOS Ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017- MP board ruk Jana Nahi 10th & 12th Result 2017 is Declared - July 24, 2017
- Acharya Nagarjuna University UG 2nd sem results March 2017- ANU Guntur Ug 2nd Results 2017 Declared - July 22, 2017