Government and XLRI Join Hands for Forest Management Event in India
The Jharkhand state government along with XLRI School of Business and Human Resources, has introduced a two-day programme on “good governance for sustainable forest management“. With an aim to align the thinking, functioning and decision-making of forest personnel with national and international best practices.
XLRI is among top colleges in India. India has a vast cover of forests. There is a series of four programmes in it. The first programme is on the “capacity building of forest officers commenced on Monday, which witnessed the participation of state forest officials on a range of forest-related topics”.
More details for XLRI Institute Join Hands with Government for Forest Management:.
Forest governance in the 21st century needs to align with the concerns of local and global stakeholders, through innovative and participative approaches that lead to sustainable forest management outcomes.
- Sustainable development and global sustainable development goals.
- Managing forests for ecosystem services.
- Poverty alleviation and compensatory afforestation fund management.
- And planning authority (CAMPA) provisions were discussed on the inaugural day.
Details on the Discussion on Forest Management:
- Dr Madhukar Shukla, chairperson of Fr Arrupe Center for Ecology and Sustainability, XLRI said that, “in light of an evolved understanding of the role of forests and fast emerging policy regimes, it is imperative to develop the skills of forest personnel across all hierarchical levels for better forest governance”.
- Underlining the importance of the programme, a senior official in the department’s planning cell in Singhbhum, said, “To achieve wider sustainable development goals, officials on the field need to be informed thoroughly”
- “National and international policies have evolved rapidly to reflect the new found importance of forests as providers of ecosystem services.
- One of the program faculty said importance of the two-day program should be viewed in the backdrop of the landmark publication “Millennium Ecosystem Assessment” under the auspices of United Nations in 2005.About XLRI- XLRI is Xavier School of Management is a management school founded by the Society of Jesus and it is based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. On December 22, the second and concluding day, stress management and team building for effective decision making will be discussed at length.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- RPSC Ras exam result 2018 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services preliminary result & cut off 2018 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - October 25, 2018
- WBSU Barasat University Part 1 Hons. & Gen. Exam 2018 Result- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2018 Result is announced - August 29, 2018
- MJPRU UG Result 2018 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2018 Announced - July 30, 2018