2016 will be INDIA-United Kingdom Year of Education, Research and Innovation Launched
India and United Kingdom are one of the top strategic partners in the world. Recently, India and United Kingdom launched a joint initiative “2016: UK-INDIA Year of Education, Research and Innovation” in New Delhi.
Speaking on this big occasion, Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani highlighted the importance of mobility of students and faculty and expressed hope that, under the GIAN Program, more UK academicians would be able to come to India in 2016.
She expressed hope that areas of mutual interest in research could be picked up out of the ten research priority areas under IMPRINT- IMPacting Research Innovation and Technology. The Minister said that she would like to see partnerships and interaction among school students of India and UK, esp. children in Government schools, like Navoday Vidyalays.
More details on India & England Year of Education, Research and Innovation:
It is important mention that, during the visit of the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, to the United Kingdom last month, it was jointly announced by both the Prime Ministers that 2016 would be the UK-India Year of Education, Research and Innovation.
Secretary of State, Business Innovation and Skillls, United Kingdom, Mr. Sajid Javid, in his statement, said that he looked forward to launch of the UKIERI-III which could build upon good work already done under earlier phases of UKIERI.
- More than 100 academicians from UK would be coming under GIAN over next two years.
- Under the UK Generation India program, they would be looking forward to send 25,000 UK students to India during the next 5 (five) years.
- The third phase of UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI-III), with higher budgetary allocation of 3 million GBP per year from each side, will commence on 1st April 2016.
- UKIERI-III will focus on leadership and faculty development, integration of skills in the education system, e-partnership & research incubation, and enhancing mobility.
- Over the next year, UK and India intend to deepen their bilateral relationship across education, research & innovation.
- With this objective, both countries will undertake and support new initiatives. India and UK aim to create a professional network of academicians and work towards promoting research and teaching.
- India will look forward to more UK academicians coming to Indian institutions to teach courses under the recently launched GIAN- Global Initiative of Academic Networks.
The approach in research will be inter-disciplinary cutting across various Ministries of Government of India. United Kingdom will be the partner country for the “Technology Summit 2016” to be organized jointly by the Department of Science and Technology and Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) on 24th-26th October, 2016 in New Delhi.
The emphasis from both the countries would be on increased mobility of students and faculty.
The launch of “Year of Education, Research and Innovation” was attended by Minister of State for Universities and Science from UK, Mr. Jo Johnson and Minister of State in Ministry of HRD Dr. R. S. Katheria, senior officials and academicians from both sides, including about 25 Vice Chancellors from UK Universities and Vice Chancellors and Directors of Indian higher education institutions as well as media persons.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Maharashtra board 12th class result 2017 name wise- Msbshse hsc result 2017 is Declared - May 25, 2017
- Gulbarga University BA 3rd Sem Results Nov 2016- GUG Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2016-17 Announced - May 24, 2017
- Mbose hsslc arts results 2017 name wise-Meghalaya 12th hsslc Results 2017 is DECLARED - May 23, 2017