Goa Government signs MoU with Google India for Digital literacy & Internet Safety education
Goa is the smallest state of India. Recently, Goa government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Google India to promote digital literacy and drive digital transformation across the Goa state. As a first step, the Goa will launch internet safety education as part of the curriculum for students of classes 9th to 12th in government schools in association with Google India.
Details related to internet safety education by Google India in GOA Schools:-
The special programme, meant to teach people how to stay safe online, has been designed by Google in consultation with experts, and teacher training for it will take place shortly in 460 schools with over 80,000 enrolled students.
Vice-president of Google southeast Asia and India, Rajan Anandan said:
- Google’s free high speed wireless internet service available at a number of railway stations in India will be extended to Goa state as well.
- By 2018 India will be the largest developer nation in the world with four million developers.
- We’re (Google) committed to get two million Indian developers trained and certified on Android.
A memorandum of understanding (MOU) is a formal agreement between two or more parties. Chief minister Laxmikant Parsekar said that signing the MoU was a milestone for Goa, adding that it would benefit the state in the fields of tourism, culture and education. As we all know Goa is great tourist attraction for all. Besides being known for its tourism, Goa needs to be known, identified, recognized and accepted as an IT-friendly state too, he said.
You can like our Results360.in page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe with us via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- RPSC Ras exam result 2018 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services preliminary result & cut off 2018 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - October 13, 2018
- WBSU Barasat University Part 1 Hons. & Gen. Exam 2018 Result- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2018 Result is announced - August 29, 2018
- MJPRU UG Result 2018 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2018 Announced - July 30, 2018