Government Plans Project to Show Linguistic Diversity in Cyberspace in India
The Central Government is planning an ambitious project to showcase the country’s linguistic diversity in cyberspace. ‘Bharatvani Project‘ in which knowledge in all languages will be collected on a web portal which is intended to be the world’s largest.
In a letter to Vice Chancellors of all universities seeking material for this project, UGC Secretary Jaspal Singh Sandhu said “the idea behind it is to make India an open knowledge society, in the era of digital India.”
More details for Linguistic Diversity in Cyberspace in India:
“Government proposed to develop it as the largest language portal in the world by aggregating multimedia content from all Indian writers, government and non-governmental institutions, education institutions like boards of education, textbook corporations, universities, academies, publication houses etc,” Sandhu said in the letter written Recently.
- Cyberspace is the notional environment in which communication over computer networks occurs.
- Digital India is an initiative by Government of India to ensure that Government services are made available to citizens electronically by improving online infrastructure and by increasing Internet connectivity.
The project also aims to disseminate classical literature and develop e-content in different languages. The UGC Secretary asked universities to become partner institutions and contribute books and material in different languages, in digitized and non-digitized forms, for the project. He also asked universities to share the names of institutions and individuals who could also share such material.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- RPSC Ras exam result 2020 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services result & cut off 2020 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - December 31, 2020
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2020 name wise- Jammu Board Higher Secondary Part Two annual Regualr result 2020 is Declared - December 9, 2020
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2020- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2020 Results Announced - November 30, 2020