Government Plans Project to Show Linguistic Diversity in Cyberspace in India
The Central Government is planning an ambitious project to showcase the country’s linguistic diversity in cyberspace. ‘Bharatvani Project‘ in which knowledge in all languages will be collected on a web portal which is intended to be the world’s largest.
In a letter to Vice Chancellors of all universities seeking material for this project, UGC Secretary Jaspal Singh Sandhu said “the idea behind it is to make India an open knowledge society, in the era of digital India.”
More details for Linguistic Diversity in Cyberspace in India:
“Government proposed to develop it as the largest language portal in the world by aggregating multimedia content from all Indian writers, government and non-governmental institutions, education institutions like boards of education, textbook corporations, universities, academies, publication houses etc,” Sandhu said in the letter written Recently.
- Cyberspace is the notional environment in which communication over computer networks occurs.
- Digital India is an initiative by Government of India to ensure that Government services are made available to citizens electronically by improving online infrastructure and by increasing Internet connectivity.
The project also aims to disseminate classical literature and develop e-content in different languages. The UGC Secretary asked universities to become partner institutions and contribute books and material in different languages, in digitized and non-digitized forms, for the project. He also asked universities to share the names of institutions and individuals who could also share such material.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- BSEB 12th result 2018 name wise- Bihar board Intermediate result 2018 Arts, Science & Commerce Results DECLARED - June 6, 2018
- CBSE 12th class Result 2018 name wise – CBSE board 12th results region wise & cbse 12th topper list is Declared - May 26, 2018
- Jkbose 10th Results 2018 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2018 Bi-Annual kashmir division Results 2018 Announced - May 11, 2018