India- Japan to Make Concerted Efforts to step-up Science and Technology
India is having quality relations with most of the Asian countries. India and Japan are among the Best strategic partners in the world. The Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Dr. Harsh Vardha, met his Mr. Hiroshi Hase, Japan, the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) in Tokyo.
In the present context, the two knowledge driven economies creates boundless opportunity for using the tools of Science & Technology for providing innovative and affordable solutions for societal challenges. Both the Ministers agreed that the two governments should therefore make concerted efforts to step-up the science and technology cooperation agenda.
More Details for India & Japan Science and Technology Cooperation Agenda:
Japan is one of the leading Economy in the World. Recalling the successful collaboration between Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of India and National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan in establishing the joint DIALAB focusing on drug development and therapeutics diseases, the two Ministers agreed to set-up India-Japan Joint Laboratories in partnership between Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), Japan in topical areas such as Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics.
- Recalling the establishment of the Indian beam line at the Synchrotron Photon Factory at KEK, Tskuba as a flagship S&T partnership.
- Both sides agreed to launch the next phase of the Indian beam line for initiating studies on advanced materials with focus on energy research.
- DST committed a funding of Rs 19 crores over a period of five years for this cooperation.
- The Japanese Minister agreed to strengthen bilateral cooperation in the area of climate research and marine biology.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan also visited the newly established Japanese Agency for Medical Research & Development (AMED).
“A Letter of Intent to this effect was concluded by Indian Ambassador, Ms. Deepa Gopalan Wadwa in the presence of the visiting Minister.” Further, in order to connect the next generation of researchers, DST India and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) agreed to launch a reciprocal Fellowship programme for exchange of Doctoral and Post Doctoral researchers to undertake research work in each other laboratories.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan emphasized the need to initiate collaboration in the area of marine science and technology in cooperation between Ministry of Earth Sciences of India and Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) Japan.
For More Details ➡ India and Japan Cooperation Agenda
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Exam Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Praveen is a Dynamic Writer on educational topics with an experience of more than 5 years. His Blogging for education news, science & technology niche is Remarkable. He is a G.K expert, Book reader & a sports fanatic by nature.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- WBSU Barasat University Part 1 Hons. & Gen. Exam 2018 Result- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2018 Result is announced - August 29, 2018
- MJPRU UG Result 2018 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2018 Announced - July 30, 2018
- BSEB 12th result 2018 name wise- Bihar board Intermediate result 2018 Arts, Science & Commerce Results DECLARED - June 6, 2018