India National Education Day- Emphasis on quality education in India
“National Education Day” is annually celebrated in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India.
This is an all India celebration giving emphasis on quality education. Azad voiced for universal primary education, girl’s education etc.
Check Why 11th November is celebrated as National Education Day:-
The Education day is also give focus on free and compulsory education till 14, vocational training and technical education in India. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was born on 11th November 1888. His birth anniversary is celebrated as the National Education Day.
Some important points to be noted for Education Day in India are:-
- He administered the formation of The Central Institute of Education, Delhi which later became the Department of Education of DU.
- Being the chairman of the Central Advisory Board of Education, he gave momentum to adult literacy and advocated for diversification of secondary education and vocational training.
- He emphasized the set up of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Faculty of Technology of Delhi University.
- He was one of the founders of Jamila Milia Islamia UniversityIn 1992.
- Abul Kalam Azad was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna of India.
- Under his chairmanship, the Ministry of Education established the first Indian Institute of Technology in 1951 and the University Grants Commission in 1953
- Speaking at a conference on All India Education on January 16, 1948, he said, ” We must not for a moment forget, it is a birthright of every individual to receive at least the basic education without which he cannot fully discharge his duties as a citizen.”You can like our Results360.in page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe with us via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News: