Key Features of AICTE Review Committee Recommendations Implemented in 2015
The Human Resource Development Minister, Smriti Irani on 7th December, told Lok Sabha that some of the AICTE review committee recommendations have been implemented. The recommendations were made by the M K Kaw Committee on the present status of AICTE and how to restructure and reorganize it for better performance in future prospective.
AICTE is It is assisted by 10 Statutory Boards of Studies. The AICTE comprises ten bureaus. AICTE is authority for planning, formulation and maintenance of norms and standards.
Key Highlights on All India Council for Technical Education recommendations:
The All India Council for Technical Education is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education, under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, India.
Mrs. Smriti Irani said that, “recommendations were implemented on the basis of the opinions obtained from experts and the public”.
- There should be a provision for undergraduate students to undergo internships.
- It has also recommended that third party rating should be used as the parameter of regulations. AICTE should improve the functioning of the sub-standard technical institutions with the help of senior faculty drawn from higher technical institutions.
- The Ministry has launched National Institutional Ranking Framework on September 29 to empower a large number of Indian institutions to participate in the global ranking and create a significant impact national and internationally.
- For vocational education, all technical institutions have been an active participant in adopting the choice based credit system, which allows transfers of credit between institutions and universities.
- Ministry is formulating SWAYAM, a platform to deliver high quality Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), free of cost, covering all subjects from the school level to higher education level, including the technical education .
- AICTE should be converted into a constitutional autonomous apex authority and should focus on research, innovation, business startups and patenting.
Keep Visiting with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- WBSU Barasat University Part 1 Hons. & Gen. Exam 2017 Result- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2017 Result is Declared - August 22, 2017
- Jkbose 10th Results 2017 name wise- J&K Board 10th Bi-annual regular Leh & Jammu division (summer zone) result 2017 at jkbose.co.in - August 21, 2017
- Maharashtra state board hsc supplementary result July 2017 name wise- Msbshse supply 12th results 2017 school wise Released - August 21, 2017