Major Change in Designations of Clerks Nomenclature in India- Check here now
Clerks in Government offices are considered as the backbone of the lower bureaucracy in India. Designations like Lower Division Clerk (LDC) and Upper Division Clerk (UDC) in central government’s employee hierarchy have been replaced with new nomenclature. With a recent confirmation and according to new proposal by the government, the post will be renamed as secretariat assistant.
Recently, an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) says that, “the posts of UDC and LDC under Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS) have been rechristened as Senior Secretariat Assistant and Junior Secretariat Assistant, respectively”.
More Info on new nomenclature for clerical posts in India from 2016:
This is considered as one of the historical decisions taken by the higher authorities. DoPT earlier circulated a note in september, asking all department to give their inputs and suggestions in this regard. Besides, the post of Assistant under Central Secretariat Service (CSS) has been renamed as Assistant Section Officer. As we all know, Both the CSCS and CSS form the backbone of administrative work in the central government.
The total sanctioned strength of CSS and CSCS is 11,467 and 5,933 respectively.
- UDC- Upper Division Clerk called as Senior Secretariat Assistant.
- LDC-Lower Division Clerk called as Junior Secretariat Assistant.
The public sector is the part of the economy concerned with providing various government services.
- Earlier in March, the DoPT had decided to replace the ‘class’ categorization for specifying the seniority of its employees with new alphabetical groupings.
- The posts under the central government will be denoted as groups A, B, C and D instead of classes I, II, III and IV in the service rules, it had said.
- The Class-I classification is for gazetted officers.
- While Class-II refers to mainly the non-gazetted officers, though there are some gazetted officers in this category too.
- The Class-III comprises clerical staff, (Notify that, The Class-III (Group C) employees had expressed concern that they were taunted as ‘third-class’ employees due to the categorization.
- Class-IV (which is now subsumed in Class III or Group C) includes peons and helps or multi-tasking staff in the government hierarchy.
The new terms will maker the happy situation in the work place in all the Departments of government.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- WBSU Barasat University Part 1 Hons. & Gen. Exam 2018 Result- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 2018 Result is announced - August 29, 2018
- MJPRU UG Result 2018 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2018 Announced - July 30, 2018
- BSEB 12th result 2018 name wise- Bihar board Intermediate result 2018 Arts, Science & Commerce Results DECLARED - June 6, 2018