North-east Students to be Sponsored for Professional Training in Foreign Countries
North-East region of India is very famous for its tourism and culture. Students of North-east are very much concerns in studies as well. Recently, the Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) and MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Jitendra Singh has said that, “beginning from next year, selected students and youth from the North-east Region will be sponsored for professional training abroad in some of the best institutions outside India”.
There are 8 states in north-east of India. Addressing a seminar on ” Empowering Northeast India” organised by “North Eastern Development Foundation”, said that, to begin with, eight youths will be sent for training in Fashion Technology and Hospitality or Protocol courses.
More Details for North-east Students Sponsored for Abroad studies:
The states includes are Assam and others are renowned as 7-sisters states. Singh appealed to entrepreneurs, business leaders and representatives of consultancy agencies attending the conference to come forward to enter in an arrangement with the DoNER Ministryand thus contribute both professionally and financially to support the efforts to benefit the youth of the region.
Jitendra Singh said in the conference:
- His main concern is the mass exodus of youth from Northeast who initially leave the region in search of quality high education.
- And, they later take a job and settle in other parts of the country.
- If we have a provision for a streamlined sponsored training outside, the youth will gain access to quality high education.
- He finalised an arrangement for cost-free training of young doctors from Northeast in some of the best medical institutes outside.
- To begin with, first group of selected physicians and surgeons will start a 6 month training course in Onco-Surgery and Onco-Medicine in Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai from 1st January 2016.
- Also generate huge employment avenues for the youth in food industry and enable production of original products with market..
He also informed that, with a view to carry forward “India’s Bamboo Mission“, an international conference is being planned in the first half of next year, which is expected to give boost to the bamboo industry and bamboo related vocational opportunities in Northeast areas.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- ICSE marking Scheme 2017- ISC Marking Scheme & CISCE Paper Pattern & Changes 2017 - March 25, 2017
- SV University Result 2016- SVU Ba, Bsc, Bcom, Bba 1st year 1st sem Results Nov 2016 Declared - March 24, 2017
- Fake colleges in India- UGC released Fake University and colleges List 2016-17 - March 22, 2017