Recognise CBSE Offered Computer Courses for Admissions: UGC to Universities
The University Grants Commission of India is a statutory body set up by Indian government. Recently UGC has asked “universities to recognize the CBSE offered computer programmes from the upcoming session, which comes as a relief for students, facing various problems taking admissions to undergraduate programmes for having studied Informatics Practices (IP) in the Class XII as a subject”.
UGC said in a letter to Vice Chancellors, “CBSE offers three computer-based courses to students of class XI and XII as Computer Science, Informatics Practices and Multimedia and Web Technology. These subjects are offered under academic stream and have curriculum specifications that are compatible with major subjects in science having theory and practical components”.
“It is important that important consideration may be accorded while admitting the students to undergraduate courses. You are requested to take appropriate action for recognition of these subjects for the purpose of admission of students to degree programmes,” it added.
More details on UGC asked to Recognise CBSE Computer Courses for Admissions in Universities :
UGC provides recognition to universities in India. The communication by the University Grants Commission (UGC) comes after a request from the CBSE saying necessary instructions be issued to all the Universities in this regard,
- Students willing to take admission in various programmes will not face any difficulties in pursuing higher studies in India.
- The concern has been raised by students and parents in previous years when Delhi University announced to deduct 2.5 per cent from the aggregate marks of those aspirants who had opted for Informatics Practices.
However, during the last cut-off issued in 2014 it had revoked the criteria following a request by then CBSE Chairman Vineet Joshi who had termed the guideline as “unfair” and “discriminatory”. The same criteria was in place for admissions at DU this year 2015.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- Jkbose 10th Results 2020 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2020 Annual Kashmir division Results 2020 Announced - February 26, 2021
- RPSC Ras exam result 2020 name wise- Rajasthan Administrative Services result & cut off 2020 at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in - December 31, 2020
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2020 name wise- Jammu Board Higher Secondary Part Two annual Regualr result 2020 is Declared - December 9, 2020