UP Public Service Commission Scraps CSAT Pattern- Not to be Included in PCS Merit
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of Uttar Pradesh. The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has scrapped the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) pattern on 28th December 2015. The CSAT paper will be qualifying in nature, which means the aspirants would need only 33 per cent to qualify for the paper.
According to latest reports, the commission has made General Studies-II paper of ‘Combined State Upper Subordinate Services Examination (Preliminary)’ or PCS (Prelims) exams qualifying in nature and it will not be included in PCS.
More details UP Public Service Commission Scraps CSAT Pattern:
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India. The UPPSC change will be effective from 2016 and the candidates would not be required to prepare separately for PSC and Civil Services.
- Now, the UPPSC examination would be similar to that of Civil Services exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- The commission had switched to C-SAT paper in 2012 when UPSC made a similar change.
- Although UPSC switched back to the older pattern after mass protest by civil services aspirants.
The commission is regulated by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Regulation, 1976. The UPPSC had been sending proposals regarding the scrapping of CSAT to state government for past two years on demands of aspirants across the state. However, the students’ demand for two more additional chances to clear the examination has not been accepted.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
Latest posts by Praveen Jain (see all)
- Maharashtra board 12th class result 2017 name wise- Msbshse hsc result 2017 is Declared - May 25, 2017
- Gulbarga University BA 3rd Sem Results Nov 2016- GUG Ba, Bcom, Bsc Result 2016-17 Announced - May 24, 2017
- Mbose hsslc arts results 2017 name wise-Meghalaya 12th hsslc Results 2017 is DECLARED - May 23, 2017